Monday, September 28, 2009

5 Months in Review

Showing off the Fall fashions to her daddy

Our little sweet pea turned 5 months old last week. Time keeps flying by. We've had a rough month with her weight issues and the triple feeding schedule but things seem to be on the rebound. She's gained just over a pound and a half this month and I've recently started weaning her so I can get a better feel for how much she's eating.












She is an incredibly happy baby with tons of spunk. My favorite time with her is still in the morning, when I'm always greeted with a huge toothless grin and lots of giggles. Her hand eye coordination has improved immensely and she's graduated to pushing buttons, pulling rings apart and hooking our nostrils, glasses, etc. She is already pretty independent (as much as you can be at 5 months old), and can entertain herself for long stretches of time. She can be bashful - sometimes when we smile at her she'll smile back before quickly hiding her face. She is rolling all over the place (I can't even tell you how many times she's woken herself up by rolling on her stomach in her sleep) and can even scoot along slightly in her crawling attempts. She loves Daisy, a sentiment not exactly returned, and she reaches out to pet her every time she's near. She continues to be a talker - babbling, cooing and shrieking. Recently, she has started sucking her thumb. She can be a piece of work, but most of the time she is an absolute joy.

Say what?

1 comment:

  1. Check out those cheeks and thighs! I can totally see that she has filled out! Yea! FIVE MONTHS already! Can't wait to see her in a few short weeks! Better get my kids' costumes ready, huh?

    ReplyDelete