My grandma turned 85 years young January 26th and, on a whim, I decided it would be great if I could be there to celebrate with her. So, after keeping an eye on the weather, I packed Caitlyn and all of her doodads in the car and began our 6 hour journey up to Missouri the morning of her birthday. To say my grandma was surprised would be an understatement. She didn't know quite what to make of it at first - she thought I was a florist (I had come bearing gifts - flowers and balloons). Once she got over her initial shock she was positively giddy. We had a great time catching up, eating cake and going through old photos. Unfortunately, I had to wake up at 4:45am Thursday morning to head back to Dallas in order to miss a nasty winter storm that was headed there way. It was a short trip, but well worth it to be with GiGi on such a special day.
Watching GiGi open her presents
Snuggling with GiGi
She loved the talking birthday card


No comments:
Post a Comment