Caitlyn and her first boyfriend, Davis
Last week I headed down to San Antonio to visit family and some of my good friends from my first job at American Funds, Melissa and Emily. We all have children now (I was the last hold out), and had decided to meet up for a playdate. Caitlyn has been to daycare at the gym but I haven't really had the opportunity to see how she interacts with other kids, plus I was looking forward to catching up with my friends.
I went over to Melissa's first and introduced Caitlyn to her son, Davis (16 months). Caitlyn was absolutely fascinated with him and spent most of the time staring at him instead of eating. At one point, they both sat staring at each other until Davis offered her a cheerio. It was the sweetest gesture. We headed over to Emily's house and Caitlyn got to meet Evan (2 years). This was a real treat for me since I haven't even met him or seen Emily since her baby shower in Baton Rouge (she and her husband recently transferred back to SA from Maryland). The boys played with each other for the most part but Caitlyn would scoot and roll after them. Both were very sweet with her and she was in heaven watching them.
After about an hour of playing all the kids went down for a nap and we had a mom's playdate. It was so refreshing to have some mommy time with my girlfriends while we worked on some craft projects. And let me just say, I will be the first in line to vote for mandatory mommy playdates. When everyone woke up from their naps and Melissa's oldest son, Jack, had been picked up from Kindergarten we took some group pictures. Caitlyn and I had a great time and it made me sad to leave my friends behind. If only we were closer... But with my dad and a little sister on the way I have a feeling I will be back down there for many more playdates to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment