Thursday, April 21, 2011

The princess can now rest easy...

The princess' place of rest

...because it is finally finished! After a lot of hard work, some crafting (it is really hard to work with 23 yards of tulle) and doing some things I probably shouldn't have done by myself (what ladder?), Caitlyn's new big girl room is done and I couldn't be happier with the results. Caitlyn loves birds so I decided to go with a bird/owl/butterfly theme with colors of pink, blue, purple and green. The best feeling of all? Caitlyn really seems to love it and has made the transition almost seamlessly. I say almost because we had one naptime meltdown - really the mother of all tantrums - where she figured out she could leave her bed and did not want to go to sleep. But I stood firm keeping her in her room and we haven't had any issues since. Except for that one occasion, she has stayed in her bed the whole time and waits for me to come get her which is really great since I was worried about her wanting to get up and play the whole time.

And on a side note for you other moms, the Miracle Bumpers are working great keeping her in bed and I don't have to worry about her falling in between a railing crack. Plus, they're portable!

Now if only the nursery was finished...



Her enchanted tree tent (Daisy is making a cameo)

Decorations

The closet and bow collection

Is this all mine?

1 comment: